Vegan chocolate berry cake is my favorite guilt free cake so far. I have been working on this recipe at least for two months to get the right combination of ingredients. The result is surprising. My non-vegan husband told me: Wow, this tastes like chocolate fondant cake. He couldn’t believe that he is actually eating vegan cake. Yes!!! Also perfect solution for snack, breakfast or party cake for the children.
– 2 1/5 cup whole wheat flour (white whole wheat preferred, the one for patisserie)
– 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/2 cup dark chocolate flakes
– 1 cup of your favorite sweetener in powder (stevia, agave, sugar…)
– 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1 cup warm unsweetened coconut milk (homemade or regular, not the tick one)
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– fresh raspberries and strawberries (sweet as possible, try to avoid acid berries)
Preheat the oven 200°C. In a medium bowl, mix wheat flour, cocoa powder, a sweetener in powder, baking powder, and chocolate flakes. Add the coconut milk and coconut oil. Stir until smooth and silky. Divide the cake batter into two parts. Grease and flour round cake pan. Pour the first part into the cake pan. Sprinkle generously with berries. Cover berries with the rest of the cake batter. Add some more berries on the top of your cake. Bake 30 minutes or until a wooden stick would come out clean. It tastes amazing while warm, you can add a ball of vanilla ice cream to get a perfect combination. Can be cooled and kept in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can drizzle with additional maple or coconut syrup if necessary.